Monday, November 22, 2010

Lie To Me


Lie To Me
Have you guys seen this show? I'm seriously hooked on it! A friend introduced it to me not too long ago and I just can't stop watching it!

It's basically about this guy, Cal Lightman, who is a human lie detector. He studies micro expressions (subconscious facial expressions that last mere milliseconds) to determine whether someone is being truthful or not. The whole concept is fascinating to me.

Sometimes the show focuses more on the drama and theatricality instead of the science and "study" of people's faces. It makes for a good show, but I LOVE seeing the science behind it. I was curious so I did a bit of Googling and found out that it is indeed based on real research, or science if you will. Paul Ekman is the "real life" Cal Lightman - a deception expert. While it isn't as black and white/lie or truth as it is portrayed in the show, it is fairly accurate.

In fact, Dr. Ekman watches every episode and blogs about the detection tactics used. I do love the face value of the show but to go back and read the science behind it is so fun!

So, our faces are the window to the world. What are we telling everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment