Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday...

So I'm here watching "That 70s Show" dressed in a bathrobe and laying in bed.

Why?

Stomach flu.

I've been benched upon waking yesterday. I'm feeling considerably better than I did yesterday and have successfully eaten 3 pieces of toast. Yesterday nothing really wanted to remain in my body. Even popsicles only "stayed down" for twenty minutes. Hello dehydration.

But beyond being miserable, having sobbing fits (yes, I'm a wimpy sick kid) and generally being completely unproductive I've had plenty of time to think. Lots of big thoughts and prayers about this semester (my last one as an undergraduate), summer, and next year.

I don't know exactly where I'm being lead but God has been stirring in my heart and giving me desires for Him and His will. I'm joyful. I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm willing...most of the time.

(Recently I've been reading old posts from the Livesay family. I love their honest way of blogging. Tara can be so open, honest, and real. I hope I can be that real and honest. I don't want to sugar coat christianty or my walk with Christ.)

That being said, I must confess that I usually put my best foot forward on this blog. Its easy to say things that should be said instead of what I want to say.

So here are some confessions:
-I haven't had quiet time yet since the semester started.
-Sometimes facebook has more drawing power than my bible.
-Occasionally I only drag my butt out of bed to go to church out of obligation.
-I get caught up in myself way too often.
-My faith is small

So there it is. I struggle. I fumble. I fail. But isn't that why I need God...why we all need God? He conquers all.

No comments:

Post a Comment