Friday, February 4, 2011

31DBBB and Life

So! If you've seen me on BlogFrog at all, you will know that I'm attempting to participate in 31 Days to Build a Better Blog. It starts on 2/7/11. It shall be interesting, to say the least. If you're interested in joining in, please go to the Secret To Success Is Support forum and get the details. And then, of course, tune in on Monday to see the progress! Hopefully it turns me into a better blogger and thus, SFJ into a better blog!

Life...I'm heading home this weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday and watch the superbowl. (Go Pack Go!) I'm excited to see my family and relax a bit at home - should be fun! Speaking of family, though, I got to sit in on my dad's class on Thursday! My dad guest teaches for a class offered here at UF every other year. I wasn't able to go two years ago (back when I was a wee sophomore) but I scrambled and made it happen this year! It was really weird to see my dad in a professional setting - teaching, answering questions - but cool at the same time. It was kind of nice to just sit in on a class - no notes, don't have to really learn the material. Everyone else was writing or typing my dad's every word...I just got to listen. Woohoo! And Go Daddy!

In other news, on Wednesday I got to go see my friend, H, play guitar and sing at Satchels. It was really cool. I brought my friend, A, and we got to eat in the bus beforehand.



Yes, this place (super awesome and delicious pizza!) has an old VW bus on the property. They gutted it and put 2 tables inside for you to eat in. It's a special thing to be able to eat in the bus! So cool! And after eating we listened to H and her friends play and sing. I took a little bit of video of her acoustic version of "It's Getting Hot in Here". If/When I figure out how to get it on my computer and then put it on the blog (and get her permission of course) I'll post it for you all to enjoy.

Finally, my last little random "life" tidbit for the day: on Thursday night I went to my first ever Zumba class. My old co-worker M teaches the class. Let me just tell you that she is a saucy Puerto Rican woman. She may be small but she is packed full of Latina spice! It was really fun and surprisingly a great workout. I'm pretty sure I found my long lost abs...they've been missing up until they started getting angry at me for using them. Yep, just sneezed - ouch!!

Anyway, I should probably go spend some quality time with Jesus...do the whole read my bible thing. ;) But one last note: if there are any Packers fans out there feel free to tune into my twitter (KEZBlogger) for updates. Feel free to follow, reply, or retweet...unless of course you're a Steelers fan in which case you can keep your comments to yourself PLEASE!

6 comments:

  1. I really should participate in the challenge. I just don't seem to have the time right now. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the 31 days challenge last summer! I didn't keep up with all of them, because at that stage, some things didn't really apply to me. So I took what I could use and learned a lot!

    I've heard zumba is fun, sometime maybe I'll try it. Have fun watching the game! I will not be following your tweets....if I had to choose a team, I'd pick the Steelers, but if the Packers win, I'll be happy for them too. I'm not into sports much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brownie - I hear ya. I don't know if I can keep up...I'm just so dang busy sometimes.

    @Emily - I hope I learn a lot too! I'm excited to see where it takes me!

    I'm usually very impartial to sports and teams so I get where you're coming from. But I was raised in a diehard Packer family so it's in my blood to cheer for the Pack. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you on A Little Knick Knack blog hop and am now following.
    I love your passion for Haiti! :) My business, Jewelry4Change was created as a way to raise awareness and $ for a project which supports Ethiopia. You can read about it on my blog sidebar. Have a great day,
    Jan at Jewelry4Change
    http://www.jewelry4change.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my "Sunday shines" post today. That Egypt picture makes my heart leap too!
    Glad to find your blog. I heart the title. Following along and looking forward to reading more. Enjoy family time tonight. Off to check out this 31 day deal. Blessings...

    Johnnie
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jan - Thank you so much for the follow! I will go check your blog out, too! I'm excited to look at your Jewelry4Change business. I love hearing about different ways people minister to the poor, needy, and broken people around the globe!

    @Johnnie - You're welcome. I'm not always a big commenter but when I see something like that I just have to comment. Just sharing my appreciation for how your post touched me! Feel free to check out the 31dbbb. I'm excited to learn more about blogging. It starts today so follow the links above to join in!!

    ReplyDelete