Monday, October 11, 2010

Ten on Tuesday (3)

This week's Ten on Tuesday is going to be interesting considering I don't really "work out" all that much. Hmm...


1. What does your work out schedule look like?
Lazy, that's what it looks like! I mean really, I only "work out" seriously every once in a blue moon. There is no schedule per say. That's not to say I don't get exercise. I ride my bike 3 miles to school and then 3 miles back. I also speed walk around my huge campus going from class to class. 

2. What is your favorite machine to use at the gym?
Gym equipment is not something that I get excited about. I don't want a favorite because I really just want to hate them all. That being said, when I actually go to the gym, I usually use the elliptical because it doesn't hurt my knees like running can. I'll also hop on a stationary bike if I haven't ridden my actual bike in a bit.

3. What is your favorite class to take at the gym?
Stretch Yoga or Zumba!

4. Where do you shop for work out gear and clothing?
Uh...Target? I'm in college and thus I am cheap. However, I've got my eye set on those Nike running shorts everyone wears. If anyone knows where to get them for cheap, let me know!



5. If you can’t go to the gym, do you have a favorite outdoor activity?
Cycling!! I love riding my bike. Or going on a Sunday afternoon walk with friends.

6. What about a favorite work out DVD? If so, please share!
Hahaha! Back in high school my friend L and I used to do an 80's yoga video. Most of the time we just laughed at ourselves and each other. I think I got more of a work out laughing my head off than I did following Mr. Yoga-Man-In-Leggings!

7. Are you more active now or when you were in high school?
I'm active in a different way now than I was back then. I used to be in marching band. It definitely had me toned and in-shape. Marching is hard work, anyone who says otherwise is WRONG! I no longer march but I have picked up cycling and generally do more of a variety of activities.

8. How has your dieting/working out philosophy changed since high school?
Dieting for me has always been the opposite for me than it is to mainstream USA. I usually am the one trying to gain weight, not lose it. While I've accepted that I'm built the way I am, I've become more aware of the health beyond the number. "Working out" just never crossed my mind in high school. While I still don't actively "work out" often, I'm more conscious of staying healthy - taking the stairs instead of the elevator, eating moderately healthy (for a college kid), taking my vitamins, etc. 


9. What do you do while working out– (i.e., day dream, read, listen to music, gab with a friend)?
Day dream, for sure! I usually have my iPod on but it's more just background noise for my wandering mind. 

10. What working out resolution would you like to make for yourself this year?
I guess just to become less anti-gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment