Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Festivities!!

Alright, as promised in this post, I'm going to share with you some of the fun Autumn adventures I've had recently!

So much fun is being had this Fall! I truly enjoy this time of year for all it has to offer: cool weather (well, as cool as Florida lets it be), falling leaves, pumpkins, pumpkin-flavored things, sweaters, and wonderful friends. Well, friends are pretty much all year round, but you know what I mean!

On Thursday night my friend hosted a pumpkin carving contest. It was so much fun. There were quite a few people there too! Many people brought treats to munch on as we worked: pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip bars, apple pie, apple cider, etc. YUMMM!! My friend from class, R, came and we enjoyed carving Casper & his friends.

Team Casper: R and me!


Casper & Friends all lit up!

There were some really good carvings. Like this one, my friend K did.

Here's the lineup of pumpkins at the end of the night:


The sweet glowing blue pumpkin has a flashing multicolored strobe LED inside it instead of a candle. I thought it was pretty sweet. Also, this is probably only about half of the finished pumpkins. I didn't take a picture of all of them lined up so this will have to do.

Also, just for kicks, I'm adding my pumpkin that my roomies and I carved last year. I'm so proud of it:


Then Friday night a bunch of friends and I got together for dinner and hanging out. We then drove out to a neighboring town and went to a corn maze!! It was so much fun and pretty scary! You wander around in the maze (lost, most of the time) and people dressed in ghoulish costumes pop out at you and chase you with chain-less chainsaws. I spent a lot of time clinging onto my friends and cowering in fright. We also went through the haunted house that they had there. It wasn't very scary in my opinion but some of my friend's didn't particularly enjoy the frights they had in store. Alas, what you have all been waiting for: PICTURES!

Wonderful group of friends waiting in line!

Having fun on hay bales (This was outside the kid maze, fyi)

Love these people!

Our "scared" faces, hehe!

We all survived the haunted house!

The group with creepy clown dude...

Oh boys...

In other Fall news, today was the Fall picnic at church. I had every intention of going but uhh...I fell asleep instead. It was a beautiful nap, though, so I wasn't too terribly upset. After church, though, I did grab lunch with a wonderful friend who, sadly, is moving shortly! And then earlier this evening I had a splendid dinner at DRobb's house with his roomies and some other friends. Thanks again!!

PS: As I type, I have the windows open with a slight breeze blowing in. Dontcha just love Fall??

No comments:

Post a Comment