Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ten on Tuesday (2)

I know everyone is waiting for a real blog post. I will get to it sometime soon...and by soon I mean probably Thursday evening. I've just been ridiculously busy as of late. I have priorities. Sadly, this blog isn't one of them - studying for 3 exams and writing lab reports are. As is Jesus...most of the time. Sometimes I forget and He has to remind me.

Anyway. To hold you over, I'm doing Ten on Tuesday as a break from studying. This week is all about figurative vs. literal. Enjoy!


1. What keeps you up at night? (figuratively)
Worrying about exams. Worrying about friends and family. Worrying about the future. Worrying about worrying about worrying. You get the picture. It's really hard for me to take Matthew 6:25-27 into my head AND my heart. Saying it is easy, doing it is not.
2. What keeps you up at night? (literally)
Studying! If need be, I stay up 'til 1am studying. Now I know that this is nothing compared to the normal college kids who pull all-nighters to study. I like sleep. Too much, sometimes. I've actually never pulled a real all-nighter; though I have gotten a mere two hours before. It was rough.
3. Where do you want to go in life? (figuratively)
This one is perfect for my blog. I want to go wherever Jesus leads me! That being said, I do have a rough idea of what my life would look like if I were the one in control of it (thank goodness I'm not, though!). It would include: PA school in the near future, marriage to a wonderful and Godly man, part time PA job in a hospital (pediatric neurology maybe?), and 4 bueatiful and God fearing children. Now, given that this is my plan, not God's, my life is probably not going to look exactly like this. But I know whatever He chooses for me will be PERFECT for me - though I may still screw things up from time to time.
4. Where do you want to go in life? (literally)
Oh boy. The world? Every country? Does that count? Within the US: Seattle, Chicago (have already been as a small child), Boston (have already been as a small child), NYC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Boulder, Augusta, Portland (Oregon, not Maine). Internationally: Haiti again and again and again!, Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Italy, Greece, Australia, New Zealand, India, and many more!
5. Have you ever bit off more than you could chew? (figuratively)
Um, yes and no. I have over-committed myself a couple times - one of them being this semester. I can get burnt out and tired. It's part of the fall - wanting to do everything and control everything on our own. However, God is working for our good and for His Kingdom. So if we do all things for the glory of God, He will bring you through it. Cliche, but "He won't give you more than you can handle."
6. Have you ever bit off more than you could chew? (literally)
I love food. I eat food. I eat lots of food. Yes, it happens occasionally.
7. Is the grass really greener on the other side of the fence? (figuratively)
This is something I struggle with a good bit. I see things (physical, physiological, or personality) that I think I want and would be good for me. They're not. I set my sights on these worldly things to satisfy me when I should be gazing upon the cross and being satisfied completely in the One who died for me, fought for me, and saved me.
8. Is the grass really greener on the other side of the fence? (literally)
Eh. At my parents house we live in the middle of no where so no one has "nice" lawns. The weeds are sometimes green but they are sometimes brown, too. 
9. If you can’t stand the heat, do you get out of the kitchen? (figuratively)
Depends on what we're talking about. There are some things I would more readily give up on than others. I think I know myself fairly well. If I'm trying something new and I'm terrible at it but I also know I'm not gifted in that area then I might give up sooner rather than later. But if I'm trying something new and I'm terrible at it because I'm a beginner but I know that I'm usually pretty talented in that area, I'll work on it longer before I call it quits. Does that make sense?
10. If you can’t stand the heat, do you get out of the kitchen? (literally)
Um, no. Who else would make me delicious food? Haha, actually, I've always been afraid of the oven. I'm just not a fan of burning myself - seems logical, right? I've gotten over it enough to, well, cook and bake. My use of the oven can look like a silly dance sometimes. Open the door, jump back so the door doesn't hit and singe legs. Grab 3-5 potholders. Use multiple potholders to pull out rack while leaning over carefully so as to not singe legs again. Tentatively place yummy food on tray while maintaining ridiculous pose. Push food and rack back into oven carefully with multiple pot holders so as to not burn fingers (or legs - I'm still in said ridiculous pose). Step back and tenderly close oven door. Take a big sigh of relief - the oven part is over, that is until it's time to take the food OUT! Oy!


No comments:

Post a Comment