Friday, October 8, 2010

A lot has happened...

So I'm currently sitting in the Christian Study Center catching up on life and doing a bit of homework. I love it here - especially now that the weather is getting cooler. I can't wait for it to be winter so they put a fire in the fireplace. (All of the the northerners are probably scoffing at me - Florida may not get snow but it WAS 46 degrees when I left the house yesterday morning!! That's definitely pretty cold for early October!)

Anyway, I wanted to take the time to write a real post. I don't have a lot of time, but enough to update you all on what's going on with my life. The answer to that, though, is not much besides school. I've been stressed this past week. My exams are now over, for now, and I'm happy to report that I survived! I did well on some and less-well on others. It's hard to divide your time and study for multiple exams at the same time. I know God is working through all of my work but sometimes studying seems so futile. I can study my tail off and still not do super well on an exam. Such is life, try harder next time.

On Wednesday I had my first shift at work#2 "flying solo." This past month I've been training under another health tech. She taught me, answered questions, showed me what to do and critiqued me when I made mistakes. I felt prepared but I was still nervous. I'm happy to say that it went really well and no one died (ha!). It was a slow night and we didn't have too many patients so that helped. But of course, the last patient of the night had to go out with a bang. It was a little 2 month old girl and she PEED on my weigh table. Ok, I have a considerably younger brother, I've babysat, and worked in the church nursery. I've definitely had this happen before. It was just shocking because this was the first time being peed on at work! I'm thankful for absorbent pads that we put on the tables, otherwise I would have had quite a mess to clean up. Haha, but it was ok. The mother was kind and the baby was adorable so I didn't get upset at all.

Yesterday I had a friend blow in with the wind. Literally, apparently he has his pilot's license. If you knew this friend you would understand me when I say this: him being here was like a whirlwind. Suddenly my day was flipped upside-down and went from relatively "normal" to well..random and spontaneous. It was a blessing to see him again and spend time not being consumed by school. However, this friend also comes with some some history with me so it was bittersweet and almost a bit painful. That's all I'm willing to share on the big bad internet, but I would appreciate prayers for peace and understanding. Following God is not always easy, it hurts a lot sometimes. We don't always understand why He does things, takes things away, or leads us the places He does - we just have to follow obediently, lovingly, and joyfully.

Also, more of a tangential side note, my heart has been aching to be back in Haiti and see my brothers and sisters again. Unfortunately I can't be there right now so I'm thankful for the Livesay family (whose blog I follow) who also have a heart for Haiti. They just recently set a date for moving their family back to Haiti. If you feel so called, please support them! Hopefully some readers out there are not poor college kids, like myself, and will be able to donate more than I have.

Oh and one last thing before I seriously need to get back to homework. I do intend to write about RUF's fall conference. It was such a wonderful time of growth, fellowship, worship, and fun. I can't wait to put pen to paper - err - fingers to keyboard - and tell you all about it!

Resting In Him,

KEZ

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    My grandparents were missionaries to Haiti about 10 years ago so I've always had a special place for Haitian people...I'll enjoy following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog! Nice to meet you and good luck with school :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for following me! I am your newest follower! That's great that you have Italian heritage as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visit and comments! I hope you enjoyed reading my blog and come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete