Monday, September 27, 2010

Rushing

Rushing used to be something that happened in the band room. It means hurrying through the music faster than the tempo is. I'm no longer an active musician but I still seem to be rushing. This rushing is different though and it usually is a direct result of being late ALL the time. Sigh.

So today has been fairly uneventful but painfully long. Waking up this morning was difficult. I had gotten enough sleep but by the time 7:30am rolled around my body was fighting hard to stay asleep. Of course that means I woke up late and had to rush around. I could barely get out the door fast enough. Thankfully I rushed to the bus stop and caught the bus just by the nick of time. (Yes, going to a large public university means taking public transportation because parking is, well, crappy)

I was a few minutes late to my 8:30 class - rushing as usual. This was unfortunate because we had a quiz. Thankfully I made it in time to see the first question. It was one of those quizzes that the question is up for 2 minutes - after those two minutes it goes to the next question never to return to the one before it. I rushed through that first question and then was able to take my time, err, full 2 minutes for the rest of the questions.

After that I rushed to catch the bus again. Mondays are weird days. I only have that one morning class and then I go to Work#1. I had some time to kill at my apartment before I had to leave. This means I had time to get wrapped up in something and of course ended up leaving late. Thus, I rushed to work. I got there on time but I may have driven a little faster than I normally do.

Work#1 was good. I got some work done. Of course I didn't finish the stuff I have to do which means I was rushing at the end of the day trying to finish. I didn't.

On this particular Monday I am also scheduled to work at Work#2. Thus I rushed from one office to the other, rushed to get changed, and now here I am...no patients to see...for now. Hopefully our clinic isn't so busy that I have to rush to see them.

I don't like rushing. I prefer to live life to the fullest, taking each thing as it comes. It isn't good to only think about what you have to do NEXT - it jeopardizes what you're doing in the present.

Do you ever find yourself rushing? I do. Sometimes I need a reminder to slow down and smell the coffee (before you down it and rush some more).

2 comments:

  1. I usually find that my "rush" times come in waves. One moment I'll have my time sorted and organized...the next...it becomes a crazy circus. I love to be busy, but rushing around all the time? No thanks! The fact that you have 2 jobs and are in school is...WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for your comment! I really like your blog name. I am also guilty of rushing and always late. Maybe it is my lack of organization or my love of sleep or probably a mixture of those and other factors. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate though. I'm impressed by how often you've updated your blog so far. I need to work on that! :) Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete