Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Complacency and God's Reminders

A lot of times I feel complacent. As if I'm going about life with an apathetic outlook. But then sometimes God gives these little reminders -  you could call them little nudges.

RUF on Tuesday was really convicting. I would have written more about it last night but I was busy studying. If any of you are curious, it's about security - more specifically about a false sense of security in our own merits. If you'd  like to listen to the podcast you can get it here - RUFGators. Sometimes they have to take them down and put them back up so if you don't see it, check back later. Or heck, listen to any of the other messages. They're all so convicting and Steve is a great speaker.

Then today was prayer group. There were only two of us - the two leaders actually. But it was great. DRobb and I just got to share together briefly. If you don't know him, you should. He is just such a wise person who is truly seeking to know the Lord and serve Him wholeheartedly. I'm thankful for his words of wisdom and encouragment. I'm pretty sure he exemplifies the verse: "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

So I think through these instances...and a few other small convictions of heart, God is nudging me. He is nudging me to be bold in Him, to stand firm in Him, to serve Him, and to desire Him. Pray for me that my hardened and complacent heart might be softened.

Are you being nudged? If so, how?

2 comments:

  1. Found you from BlogFrog,
    I'm following your blog.
    would love you to get visit from you.
    Have a nice day,
    Nan

    http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    Thanks for follow my blog,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! I just recently linked up with your blog hop!

    ReplyDelete